Yogurt melon bowls are so cute I wish I had thought of them earlier! They are perfect to satisfy that summer sweet tooth, amazingly refreshing and healthy (hello bikini body) at the same time, great for a snack or breakfast. Best of all, it only takes three minutes to make and there are no dishes to wash after!! Is this idea genius or what?!
I love this recipe since you can switch it up using different flavoured yogurts and toppings. I used greek yogurt for some protein in the morning, topped with strawberry compote but you can use any yogurt you have on hand and honey, or preserves instead! I also topped the yogurt melon bowl with chia seeds, pumpkin and flaxseeds for an extra nutritious breakfast
If you’re craving something sweet and refreshing you have to try this!
Yogurt Melon Bowl Recipe
- Half of a small melon (experiment with any type of melon! I used a canary melon)
- Any type of yogurt – I used greek yogurt
- fruits – I used blueberries
- Raw unsalted almonds whole or flaked
- Seeds (I used chia seeds and a mixture of pumpkin and linseeds)
- Honey or fruit compote/ preserves (I used strawberry compote)
- Cut a small melon in half and scoop out the seeds and some of the flesh, creating a bowl in the middle of the melon.
- Fill the melon with yogurt and top with fresh fruits, a drizzle of honey or preserves.
- Top with seeds and nuts
Inspired by ecurry’s melon fruit bowl.