Yogurt melon bowls are so cute I wish I had thought of them earlier! They are perfect to satisfy that summer sweet tooth, amazingly refreshing and healthy (hello bikini body) at the same time, great for a snack or breakfast. Best of all, it only takes three minutes to make and there are no dishes to wash after!! Is this idea genius or what?!
I love this recipe since you can switch it up using different flavoured yogurts and toppings. I used greek yogurt for some protein in the morning, topped with strawberry compote but you can use any yogurt you have on hand and honey, or preserves instead! I also topped the yogurt melon bowl with chia seeds, pumpkin and flaxseeds for an extra nutritious breakfast 🙂
If you’re craving something sweet and refreshing you have to try this!
Yogurt Melon Bowl Recipe
- Half of a small melon (experiment with any type of melon! I used a canary melon)
- Any type of yogurt – I used greek yogurt
- fruits – I used blueberries
- Raw unsalted almonds whole or flaked
- Seeds (I used chia seeds and a mixture of pumpkin and linseeds)
- Honey or fruit compote/ preserves (I used strawberry compote)
- Cut a small melon in half and scoop out the seeds and some of the flesh, creating a bowl in the middle of the melon.
- Fill the melon with yogurt and top with fresh fruits, a drizzle of honey or preserves.
- Top with seeds and nuts
Inspired by ecurry’s melon fruit bowl.